Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

I do realize this is a wedding blog and we're supposed to be blogging about the wedding....... have you ever known us to follow the rules? I like to use this space to tell people just what happens in our house and give you the behind the scenes look into what is our lives. You can't just show up on July 15th at 5 pm and listen to our vows without knowing who we really are. I hope all of you have been enjoying this "Mr. Roger's" -esque time we have had together. And for those of you out there in cyberspace (because our blog shows up on Google searches) I hope you have enjoyed reading about the ups, downs and sometimes crazy things we have posted here. I also hope that you have learned a few tips and tricks to how we are putting together our wedding.
So let's begin by saying that Bryan and I would like to thank each and every one of our servicemen who have fought, is fighting or will fight for our country. There aren't enough ways I can think of to show my appreciation for everything you have done. I would especially like to thank my sister and maid of honor, Michelle, for the time that she spent in the United States Army. I was very young when she joined so I really just remember making countless trips to the airport to pick her up and to take her back. It is the people like her, the moms, sisters, daughters, nieces, aunts, granddaughters, that make me proud of where I come from. They selflessly put their lives on the line so that we can have simple luxuries in our lives and to make our own decisions. Thank you, Michelle Tingler, for serving your time for our country.

Got that? Ok, time for wedding stuffs.

The weekend started off with date night on Friday. We spent most of the evening down in Alpharetta at the Shane Co purchasing Bryan's wedding band...... YAY!!!!!! I have to say the ring is amazing and really does fit his personality. I would put up a picture but I kind of want it to be a surprise for the wedding day. I guess that's kind of annoying, huh?
Ok, you twisted my arm..... I'll post one....... JUST ONE!
Well, those are actually all the rings but I think you get which one is his.

Later that night, we went and watched The Hangover Part 2. Please do yourself a favor and carve out some time to see this movie. I think I laughed harder in this one than I did in the first. *Spoiler Alert* Chow makes more of an appearance than in the first one which really makes the movie.

Saturday we were up early..... sort of..... ok we got up at 11 and went kayaking down the hooch. Number one best thing about living in Cumming, there is an outfitter only 5 miles down the road that will drop you off and come back to pick you up. That was super fun but now I have horrible sunburns and tan lines that I have to get rid of in 45 days.

Sunday was nice. Bryan went on a dirt bike ride that morning and I studied for NCLEX. Have I reminded you that NCLEX is this Thursday? Pray for me.... I'm pretty sure my mom already has me on the prayer list at church.

Monday was fantastic! We went to the mall to take advantage of the sales and ended up walking away with Bryan's outfit for the wedding! But wait, did I tell you that he also bought all of the groomsmen their shirts last week? HE DID!!! And then my mom drug my dad to the store and got his outfit!!! Everyone is going to be dressed at the wedding!!!!! :D I'm getting a little over excited. Here is the face that Bryan makes when I get overly excited:

This is also the face he makes when he has lost his phone, wallet, keys, favorite pair of dirty shorts, belt, etc..
He's going to hate me for posting that picture.

Well, that's all I have for now. I hate to leave you with a weird picture of Bryan so here's Bonnie instead. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment