Monday, May 23, 2011

Just Another Manic Monday

What a fitting title... don't you think?
We've been home (Jefferson) for the last 3 weekends and I'm exhausted. Why you ask? I'll tell you:
1.) I've had to pack up my entire car 6 times. (3 to get there and 3 to return)
2.) Bonnie's internal clock has been off for 21 days and it's beginning to bug me.
3.) I've woken up 3 times in the middle of the night wondering where the heck I am and then figure out which side of the room the bathroom door is on.
4.) I have gained a total of 1,758 pounds off of my mom's cooking. No bueno.
5.) I've dealt with way too much of my extended family's drama. That in itself is like running a 5k every hour on the hour.
6.) I had to watch Bryan drive home on the bike last night and have a guy almost hit him. My heart has just begun to beat again.
7.) We have neglected our apartment for 3 weeks (due to studying and work) and things are beginning to grow in places they aren't supposed to. Please call before you "drop in".

But the positive to the last 3 weekends:
1.) I've been able to see my family more than I have in the past 2 years.
2.) Bonnie has channeled her inner otter and went for 3 swims. She's happy.
3.) We've had 2 wedding showers and received many fabulous gifts.

The last 3 weekends were a lot of fun. The shower this past weekend was amazing and we had a blast. We played a few games that were interesting to say the least. One of the games we played was the plunger game. One person has a plunger between their legs and the other has a roll of toilet paper. You have to get the toilet paper on the plunger stick before your competition does without using your hands.
Another was where Bryan and I had to search through a duffle bag and get dress while blind folded. This was to imitate the lights going out on our honeymoon....... because the lights always go out in Vegas.
I have a few pictures on my camera....at home.... that I will be posting soon. I've set up a flickr account so I'll be putting them there. There will also be a link on the homepage of the blog so that you can access them to take a look.
We received a lot of really nice gifts at that shower too. One of my favorites was the recipe box. Everyone who got an invitation to the shower also got a recipe card that they had to fill out and bring to the shower. The hosts also gave me a really nice box to put them in so they are kept safe. SUPER excited about that.
On Sunday, we went to church and was surprised to find 3 gifts in the pew where we sit. We received our first pieces of crystal. Not sure what to do with those. They're gorgeous but too pretty to use for anything and I'm afraid of breaking them.
The planning is slowing down for now. We have almost finished the invitations and actually started handing them out at the showers this past weekend. Not much to report there.
That's all I have for today but stay tuned for the next edition. The posts may become more frequent as we move closer to the wedding.
Have a good week and here's to a Manic Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment