Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Packing and Planning

We looked crazy last night because we mapped out the 20' x 30' tent in our parking lot with screw drivers. Seriously. Our neighbors saw me twirling around the parking lot saying things like "The gazebo is here", "The dance floor is here", "I want lights going here" and "This is a really big tent". I'll probably be sending my Christmas cards from a mental institute.

It all started when Bryan and I were figuring out how to work the music at the wedding. See, we aren't using a D.J. and we will be using my computer with iTunes as our music source. The problem we were running into was how to use a microphone. Also, Adam has been very kind and offered to bring down his speakers from his gym but we wanted to also bring the surround sound from the house just in case something happens which meant we needed to learn how to use everything while we were still here. So this is what we needed, we are plugging my computer into the aux. line of my surround sound so the music plays through the speakers. But we also needed to use a microphone which the surround sound doesn't have a plug for so we needed a way to plug a microphone into my computer and have it come out the external speakers.

*tap tap* Are you there? Stay with me.

I got to looking around the interwebz and found a program for Macs called LineIn. I was a little skeptical because the program is made by a company called Rogue Amoeba..... um.... that just sounds virus-y. I then found reviews on Cnet so I figured it had to be legit. I downloaded the software, told Bryan of my findings and he brought home a spare USB microphone from the office. We plugged it in, got the music going and voila! We had sound coming out the speakers.
After we did this, Bryan ran over to the printer and got a sheet of paper out to do a rough sketch up of the reception area because we needed to figure out where everything was going to go. That is when I said "I need to get a feel for how big the tent will be so I can figure out how to organize everything and where to put the tables". That is when we ended up outside with screw drivers and tape measurers. Now that I'm typing this, I am thinking that we should do it again and use sidewalk chalk so we can draw out the tables and stuff......... then again, that would get me further up at the mental facility, wouldn't it? Scratch that.

So here I am, sitting in a partially packed apartment watching reruns of 16 and Pregnant. Yes, I love that show. I'm supposed to be finishing up with the packing but I'm having a hard time staying focused because I found a website with live webcams from the Sandpiper at the beach. I've actually found this website to be very helpful. It gives you ideas on where to go, what to do, places to eat and even gives a calendar of what all is going on in the area. There are a few kids movies that will be playing while we are down there that some people may be interested in. Go check it out when you get a chance. I'm sure you'll find something to do.

The guest chairs are almost completely finished. All that is left is the little braces under the arm rests but we came up with a new idea for those so they're the last part. Oh, yeah, I said guest chairs because we aren't going to have a guest book. Instead Bryan built two adirondack chairs and the guests will be signing those with paint pens. They look amazing and he did a wonderful job.

This weekend is a girls weekend at the apartment because Bryan will be gone for his bachelor party. Kayla and Jessica will be joining me to help out with the programs and pomanders. I'll be showing pictures of those later on so you can see how they look.

24 days.... can you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment